Monday, January 25, 2010

I really suck at this.

I am really terrible at this lately. I think I blogged more when I had no internet access from my home. What a sad guy. I am getting nice and round bellied. I was really bummed, though. I hadn't gained any weight at my 4 month appointment. That was just fine, because I had enough weight already, then BAM! at my 5 month appointment, I gained 10 pounds! In ONE month! With Miaya I didn't gain that quickly until the last month or two! It was a bummer for me. I really want to exercise, but I don't. : P I am so tired all the time. Oh whale. My little family is good, though. We have all been sick off and on for the last month or so. That's pretty gross. I hate being sick. I become a big fat baby. Especially while I'm pregnant, apparently. :)

Our sweet Miaya is as awesome as ever. Dance classes have started again, as has story time. She enjoys them both, probably because we get out of the house and socialize. I am so terrible at that.

I got a message for Maliana that mentioned she is getting married!! I am pretty excited for her. This summer some time, in Iceland. We are all hoping to be able to go. All 4 of us. Yikes. That'll be an interesting. Miaya's never been on a plane. hmm. Interesting indeed. And the wee one will only be a few months old. That's all right. We are hoping, hoping, hoping.

Dustin is busy with work. He started a new site a couple of weeks ago, and things are going okay. Dustin is a perfectionist, so he is often stressed about many things, but he does his job well, so things usually turn out just fine.

We started work on the master bedroom (which is really just the biggest bedroom in our house) before Melanie got here, and it's still in major disrepair. One of the cons of buying an old house (mine was built in 1954) is that projects just aren't that simple. You start with just painting, and it turns into electrical, and re-framing, and new carpet as well. It's all fun and games until someone loses and eye. ho ho ho. I love my little house, though. Interestingly enough, though, we are thinking of moving. For the first time since we bought this house, we seriously feel like we won't be here forever. Which is a relief, quick frankly. Our neighborhood is nice and all, but sometimes living in the city is just too much. Too many people, too many dogs, too many cars, too many buildings. And at the same time, I love living here because I'm like 20 minutes from everything. The freeway is 2 minutes down the road, the library is a block away (if that), the mall is also just down the street, shopping is all really close. Park City is 45 minutes when traffic is heavy, downtown Salt Lake is 20 minutes away, Dustin's work is 12 minutes away. Where we want to move is about an hour from here. Everything will be a lot farther away. But it will be peaceful. We would see deer in our yard, and hear elk bugling. We could hop in our jeep and be in the mountains in 10 minutes. Fishing would be 20 minutes away. We would worry about our children, though. The social aspects of small town life are something to think about. But it'd be safer. Quieter. Cleaner. hahahaahaha.

Anyway. Primary is good. I'm not as overwhelmed as I once was. I'm still getting used to everything, but I have a great support system. Prayer, prayer, and more prayer. : D

Well, I am tired. Off to bed.

P.S. How much do I love this song? I love it. (You know, I love you more today...sung by Goldfinger.) Yes!

2 comments:

Matt and Suzanne said...

Wow, love the update. I can't believe Maliana is getting married! How exciting! I will have to tell Michelle. I hope you get to go! Glad you're well, and I don't blame you for not getting out much :) When I was prego I would come home from teaching and live in my bed. Good luck w house plans too, sounds way fun.

MiriamR said...

Everything sounds great yeah my kids were throwing up so much within the month of Jan it was HORRIBLE.