Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I love the desert

On Monday, Dustin called me from work sounding harried. So I suggested we get out of the city of a couple of hours. He jumped at the chance. Once Dustin got home from work, we all piled into our little Nissan pickup: Dustin, Miaya, Moose, and myself. We decided to hike around in the mountains of the west desert. As I declared to the world on facebook the other day, I have fallen in the love with the desert this year. Earlier this year I did a blog about the West Desert, and that is where my love started. It has only grown since then. Only on Saturday did I realize I loved it so much. We go for drives all the time and lately we've been heading west: Tooele, Stockton, Grantsville, Ophir. I love the dry heat, the cold mornings, the aridness, the sparse vegetation. I am a hopeless romantic, and the desert has become incredibly romantic and lovely to me. It is beautiful now to me in a way that few things are. :D
The pics are backwards. I am not sure why. So just look at them from bottom to top. hahaha.
The sun was setting. I am holding the camera out of the window as we drive. Not too shabby.

Can you spot the deer? Dustin hopes to get one next week.
We stopped and ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on a log.
I love him.
Moose the regal one.
Dustin scouting out the canyon/valley splayed in front of us.





1 comment:

MiriamR said...

what a lovely trip. I love the dessert now too although I love the forest too. I love your sunset pictures! Its so beautiful!