Saturday, February 12, 2011

Talk time

Came across these while preparing my talk for Sunday, and they are just awesome.  Can I just say that giving talks doesn't bother me? On Thursday night I had a presidency meeting, and our priesthood advisor was there too. After our meeting was all done, I was almost to my car when he calls out to me. I turn back to speak with him and he asked if I would give a talk because the other person who was supposed to speak wasn't going to be there. I told him I would, although petulantly. I know, immature, but whatever. It's always my first reaction when asked to speak: to cringe, to run away, etc. But it really doesn't bother me. I get nervous, and anxious, but I am okay with it. Something to plow through, and as long as I pray my little heart out and trust in the Lord, everything will be fine. And even if I make a complete fool of myself, I will live through it. :D The best part about giving talks, though, is all that I learn from preparing them. I scour lds.org for talks and scriptures and quotes, and it's all very good, so long as I exercise my faith. Pray. I really am grateful for these opportunities. Callings too. Heavenly Father is shaping us, giving us opportunities to stretch in ways we thought impossible, be much more than we thought we could be. I know this. Even if I sometimes, or maybe often times, stretch and grow reluctantly. He knows us better than we know ourselves.

“And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.” (3 Ne. 18:19–20.)


2 comments:

MiriamR said...

great reads thank you and good luck with your talk

Wiley Family said...

Hope all went well with your talk. You have such a great attitude.