Friday, November 21, 2008

The world gets tinier each day

So I've been connecting with people all over a lot that I haven't seen in YEARS. And it's all been quite recently. Last week we got our internet hooked up and there was a message from a girl I went to high school with. She told me her younger sister was marrying a boy from Iceland. I know who he is and his family is close with my family, so it was all weird and cool and the world shrunk. I saw a girl from high school today, at Orson Gygi. I went there this morning because my neighbor and friend Bryn asked me if I wanted to go with her. I've always wanted to go and check it out so I said yes. We are there and wandering around and seeing all the fun stuff they had and a young woman who works there says to me "I know you. We went to high school together. You're from AF right?" and I was dumbfounded because she didn't really look at all familiar, but she obviously knew me. So I said "yeah" and then it clicked for me. But I couldn't think of her name. She then said "I was Chicks best friend" and I was like "Oh yeah, I know who you are!" but I still couldn't think of her name! and then she supplied it "I'm Erin" and it was so surreal. I was in Salt Lake at a store I had never been to in my life, just by chance, and then there is another blast from the past. Nuttery. She was really nice. Other stuff was said, but that was the jist of the conversation, and it was all weird for me. The world will soon shrink to the size of a walnut. Miriam, I think you were kind of friends with her, right? Hmmm...vair vair interesting.

Oh! I almost forgot my excellent other news. I bought my tickets for twilight today. I am all set to see it tomorrow for lunch. It seems a crime to have to wait. I am just glad I don't have to watch it by my lonesome. hahahahhahahahahahaha. I am a bit hysterical with excitement. I won't be blathering about it until it is legal to do so, which means after my sisters in the other countries have seen it. Then we can have a good ol gush together. hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Alright. I'm done.

5 comments:

MiriamR said...

who is getting married to the Icelander and who is the Icelander. You know whats weird. Last christmas I was serving at the Olive Garden for this group of nurses and stuff from American Fork and Erin's Older sister Brook or something like that was there she knew Melisa. She asked me if I was a Toutai. Small world when you go out. anyway have fun at twilight

Unknown said...

Do you remember Rebecca Andersen? SHe lived with the Heymans in AF? she was an exchange student from Denmark, well her little sister is marrying Binni. How nutty is that?

MiriamR said...

Holly Cow that IS nutty. I can't believe that. I remember her. She was very nice. I can even still picture her face and they do look alike. Binni's Fiance also knows one of Daniel's friends. They worked together at the Olive Garden and he said he served his mission in Denmark and thats how he knew her.

Hera said...

How amazing. I knew I recognized Kristine Binni's love. I could not get it into my head how I knew her face. Well you solved it Mele'Ofa she is Rebecca's sister hehehehe. The Toutai's know a lot of people in the world.
What a small world.

MoBo said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hahaha I just totaly had a moment there where I was unable to make any words or sense, You know in everafter how the spanish princess is marrying Henry and she is blubbering like an insane incoherent wierdy, I was making that noise, until lete touched me with her foot then i said do it again and die(HaHAAHAhAa), so anywho AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM SO JEALUOSSS SKDDIJSODIFDSKNF MALIANA IS SEEING IT ON THE FIFTH(well thats when it comes out there, she might see it at a later date, which would be oh so StuJoOPid and I would so want to die her!) IT HURTS! I DEspised Here!!! at least i'll be in north america(hopefully) when the next ones come out! contortions of pain and Anguish, I have movie buddies too! because I am spreading the twilight love YeAH! haha okies love ya!


MelANIeMoMo