Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sarah's here!

Okay, so it's been a long while. Over a month. I had Sarah the day after that post. hahahahahaha. 

The last few weeks have been good.
I had Sarah Lolie on June the 3rd at about 9:30 in the morning. All went pretty well. I had one complication right after I got my epidural, but other than that, it all went very well. Apparently I was a bit dehydrated, and in quite a bit of pain already, so when he gave me a shot of the fast acting epidural, it went through my system too quickly. When the body is dehydrated and in pain, the blood vessels constrict. I got really nauseous, and then threw up a bit, and my blood pressure dropped really fast and low. It went from normal to 95/60 something, and then the next time they took it I was only at 74/45. So I had to get another shot to make my blood pressure get back to normal. Then all went fine. 

We finally got carpet in our new room right after Sarah was born, too, so we got to move into the new room. Mamma came on the second of June, just as was planned. Mamma flew in, we came home and made dinner, then went to Miaya's dance performance, and after that came home again. It was quite long. About 2 and a half hours! But it was fun, and I'm glad Miaya was able to be in it. At about 12:30 that night, my water broke and to the hospital we went. We got to come home after about a day and a half in the hospital. Things were tough that first week, but each week is easier and easier. Dustin got to stay home with us that whole first week. 

We had Sarah blessed on the 27th of June, and almost everyone in the family was able to come. Maliana and Melanie are in Iceland, and Willie is in Iraq, so they were all unable to attend. Everyone else was here, though, and we had good times. :D Tuimana's birthday is the 26th and we went bowling. It was lots of fun. 

Having the family all around was so good! I love the craziness and busyness of it all. It was sad to see everyone go. Mamma, Dad, and Henry left on the 27th as did Miriam, Daniel, Alexander, and Eva. Then Melisa, Tuimana, and Victoria left on the following Wednesday. And last but not least, Lete left early Sunday morning (the 4th). I was pretty bummed. But it was so much fun!

While Lete was here, we took her to the top of Butterfield Canyon where you can see down into the copper mine. You can see 7 (I think) temples from this spot. Provo(sometimes), Timpanogus, Draper, Oquirrh Hills, Jordan River, Salt Lake, and Bountiful. With binoculars, of course. ;) 

Gosh, what a busy past month it has been. Sarah is so lovely. Miaya loves her little sister, and she's been such an excellent helper. She thinks she can change Sarah's diapers all by herself. hahahaha. She just puts the diaper tabs on, but she loves being involved. There are a lot of days that I wish I could just be Mamma and a wife, but those days are becoming less and less frequent. I figure once we get back into the swing of things, I'll be able to handle my responsibilities better. Right?

Anyway. That's what's been happening with us. 


MiriamR said...

Yay! It makes me tired just thinking about it all. Glad almost everyone was able to come! We miss you guys

Hera said...

We really enjoyed being there.
After 30 years of kids we are wondering what to do next. Hahaha.
We have plans.

MoBo said...

hahaha I was wondering why they were looking through binoculars hahaha

what an exciting month!