Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August, what are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here yet.

August sounds so late in the year...so Summer is ending...so the year is more than half way over.

That can't be right, can it? It is. And strangely enough, it felt to me like July was so long, and luxurious. Time goes fast and slow. It's weird.

So, how have you been? I can't be bothered getting on my computer any more. A lot of the time any more I only get on to pay my bills. This Summer has been glorious. It has been so mild here in Utah. I know lots of places have experienced drought and heat waves. But not here. No, I don't even think it's been one hundred degrees yet. Divine, I tell you. Lots of playing and picnics and lounging outside reading books with the girls. Day trips, and store trips, and airport trips. (Okay, just two airport trips, but you know.) Sunshine, rain, stunning thunderstorms, and rainbows. Bathtimes, storytimes, prayertimes, and bedtimes. Sickness, colds, sniffles, and coughs. Family parties, and fireworks, and barbecues. Fresh peaches, cherries, and corn from the roadside fruit stands. Fresh strawberries and raspberries from the garden. Movies in the afternoon, forts made out of blankets and furniture. So good. I love summertime. It's my favorite time of year. Although, I love all the times of the year.

Oh, and Dustin just told me that it has been one hundred degrees.

I hope your summer has been lovely.

2 comments:

Hera said...

It´s good to be grateful for our lives and all the moments we have.

MiriamR said...

sounds wonderful! Yeah I hardly get on the computer either, just to pay bills :) I have 598 unread posts on my blogger :( I am sure it will change when the weather changes!! I guess we should have come out this summer for thegreat weather