Friday, January 30, 2009

Oh how I love the sun.

I am one of those people who feels much much better when the sun is shining. If I wasn't so afraid of getting skin cancer someday, I would still lay out for hours at a time, in the summer, like I did as a teenager. I am a sun worshiper. I love it. Okay, so I don't actually worship the sun in a religious way, but I do thoroughly enjoy it when it comes out. It's an interesting phenomenon, me loving the sun, because I love it when it rains too. And when it snows. I love most weather. I say most, because when I lived in Iceland, I have to say, I got sick of the wind. I appreciate it much more now. Wind can be cleansing.



I went on a walk again today. That is what this excellent weather does for me. It helps me want to get out and do something. Miaya took her stroller, which keeps her occupied and makes it much less likely that she is going to run away from me. She loves her stroller too much to leave it behind. hahahahaha. Our neighborhood has no sidewalks, so we have to just walk in the street. I'm okay with it, since we don't have a ton of traffic for the most part. Miaya takes the no sidewalks thing as an opportunity to walk smack dab in the middle of the road. It can be quite terrifying. She is usually up to being coaxed back to either side, though, so that's good. Miaya likes to walk in the gutter. That is why she's there in the pic. I was talking to my neighbor, Sheila, and I asked her what she has her boys do, because she walks to the elementary school with them most days. She tells them to walk in the gutter. It's like a mini sidewalk for the kids, and it keeps them out of the street. It works for us.





1 comment:

MiriamR said...

that made me laugh!! Well the part where Miaya couldn't bare to leave her stroller behind. I need something like that for bubba. Probably his blankie he would cry if I took it away. I like the cutter we will be gutter walkers here too we don't have sidewalks on the street