Friday, January 2, 2009

A sad loss

On New Years Eve, Dustin got a call from Marsha Elwell. He said she sounded upset, but she just said they had a set back and that she didn't want to talk about it because it was New Years Eve. She wished us a Happy New Year and hung up. I got worried. But I figured I'd call her the next day.
Thursday came and Dustin was home, so we were just spending time together as a family. Thursday went by, and then today Dustin reminded me to call them. I called, and got the answering machine, so I left a message. I called Melisa, because I needed to tell her something, and while I was on the phone with her, Marsha called me back. I finished talking with Melisa, and called my voicemail, because Marsha had left a message.
It was so sad. She was letting me know that Rian and MeLea had lost their daughter earlier in the week. She was only 6 years old. What a shock. They are worried that people won't find out in time for the funeral tomorrow morning. So I am passing the information along. The obituary can be found here. I called Marsha back, and they are, most understandably, so sad. After I got off the phone with her, I called Dustin, because I was upset. And then when I got off the phone with him, I just sat and hugged Miaya for a while. I'm so greatful for the fullness of my life, even though I think it's hard sometimes.

No comments: